English, Portuguese, Spanish
We provide a different perspective on hiking: at your own pace. With pick up and drop at your accommodation*, enjoy a Self Guided hike and visit the most famous walk in Madeira: Pico do Arieiro to Pico Ruivo, for the sunrise or a later morning schedules. This hike is located between the highest mountains in Madeira (up to 1862 m) and incorporates the most incredible landscapes and scenaries.
The guests are picked up at their accommodation to join a shared transfer (up to 8 guests per van), in direction to the 2nd highest mountain – Pico do Arieiro (beggining).
The hosts provide hike instructions and map explanation, with schedules. You will have 5 hours to go from Pico do Arieiro to Pico Ruivo and then Achada do Teixeira (10 km). The pick up after the hike is at Achada do Teixeira (parking lot).
– Duration: 5 hours
– Extension: 10 km
– Starting Point: Pico do Arieiro (1818 m)
– Ending Point: Achada do Teixeira (1600 m)
– Max Elevation: 1862 m (Pico Ruivo)
– Min Elevation: 1548 m
– Capacity: 8 people
– From the city to Pico do Arieiro: average 1.5 hour
– From Achada do Teixeira to the city: average 1.5 hour
– *Pick up/Drop off limits: Funchal, central area of Camara de Lobos and Caniço areas
Weather conditions are very unpredictable in this part of the island. Your reservation can be canceled or postponed.
Travel Agency RNAVT 9947