There are now 1542 more recovered cases to report. RAM now counts 55098 recovered cases of COVID-19.
The Regional Directorate of Health hereby updates the information on the epidemiological situation of COVID-19 in the Autonomous Region of Madeira (RAM):
- On January 29, 2022, 862 new cases of infection by SARS-CoV-2 were reported in RAM, so the region now has 63,352 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There are 30 imported cases and 832 cases of local transmission. Epidemiological investigations are ongoing.
- The region has, to date, a total of 162 deaths associated with COVID-19.
- There are now 1542 more recovered cases to report. RAM now counts 55098 recovered cases of COVID-19.
- There are 8092 active cases, of which 193 are imported cases and 7899 are locally transmitted. Regarding the isolation of active cases, it should be noted that 81 people are hospitalized at Hospital Dr. Nélio Mendonça (75 in Multipurpose Units and 6 in the Intensive Care Unit dedicated to COVID-19) and 17 people are in isolation in a dedicated hotel unit, remaining the rest in their own accommodation.
- In total, there are 357 situations that are currently under consideration by the health authorities, these being related to travelers identified at the airport, contacts with positive cases or other situations reported to the SRS24 line or from the various testing stations in RAM.
- Regarding the active surveillance of contacts of positive cases, 4354 people are being monitored by the health authorities of the various municipalities of Madeira and Porto Santo.
- With regard to the surveillance of travelers, 17,784 people are also being monitored by the authorities, using the MadeiraSafe application.
- The total number of contacts for the SRS24 Line (800 24 24 20) now amounts to 87331 calls and the Psychological Support Line of the Regional Health Directorate (291 212 399) has accounted for 4054 calls to date.
- With regard to the Rapid Antigen Tests, until January 29, 2022, a cumulative total of 1,774,558 tests were carried out in the context of the massive population testing operation.
This Information will be updated daily and whenever the epidemiological situation warrants.
More information about the MadeiraSafeToDiscover project and the respective registration of travelers in the COVID-19 surveillance system is available at madeirasafetodiscover.com and madeirasafe.com .
Total Imported Cases: 
Local Transmission Cases 
Total Deaths: 
Active Cases: 
Very informative regarding the situation In RAM. Everyone please stay safe,keep well and stay sane in these torrid times.
Excelente informação. Muito útil.