The Regional Government asks citizens to use the S-Alerta Cidadão application (https://s-alerta.pt/CIDADAO/) for self-management of care and communication of symptoms.
Considering the current epidemiological situation in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, as of 00:00 on 1 February 2022, the following rules apply:
ISOLATION OF POSITIVE CASES
– All positive cases, regardless of age, undergo isolation for 5 days and are discharged at the end of the 5th day. On the 6th day, they resume their usual activity, without carrying out a COVID-19 test;
– The Health Authority may determine a period of isolation of more than 5 days, depending on the clinical situation of the citizen.
– All contacts with a positive case, regardless of age, stop isolation;
– Citizens from 18 years of age (inclusive) with 3 doses of the vaccine do not undergo isolation, nor test on the 5th day;
– Citizens from 18 years of age (inclusive) who are not vaccinated or with incomplete vaccination, do not undergo isolation, but must perform a rapid antigen test on the 5th day after contact with the positive case. This test is free and will be made available, via the S-ALERT/CITIZEN application, by sending an sms with a code. The test can be carried out at one of the test stations in RAM.
– Professionals, residents or visitors, with 3 doses of the vaccine do not do isolation, in sensitive areas such as: Education, Homes and the Health sector, do not do isolation, or test on the 5th day;
CONTROL AT THE ENTRY PORTS OF THE REGION
Airport, Ports and Marinas – Travelers will be required to provide the following documents:
1- Complete vaccination certificate, with 3 doses of the vaccine;
2- Incomplete vaccination certificate (2 doses of vaccine) and certificate of recovered within 180 days
3- Incomplete vaccination certificate (1 dose of vaccine) and certificate of recovery within 180 days
4- Certificate of recovery up to 180 days
5-If no vaccination – A Negative rapid test done up to 48 hours before departure is required.
Note. End of testing at the Airport Screening Center and in Ports/Marines, maintaining the requirement for a vaccination/recovery certificate.
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19
– Vaccination against COVID-19 is essential for a return increasingly closer to normality and, for this reason, we ask the entire population that is in conditions, to start or continue their vaccination schedule, from 5 years of age. age, according to international recommendations;
– The 4th dose of the vaccine will be intended for people over 16 years of age with the following clinical situations: immunocompromised, oncological, dialyzed, transplanted;
– Booster dose from 5 years of age (awaiting authorization from EMA);
End of massive universal testing, moving to a strategy of Sentinel Surveillance, through testing of symptomatic and asymptomatic, in the community, by sampling.
– End of massive weekly testing for the general population;
– Testing will only be advised for citizens who show symptoms, with a high temperature, equal to or greater than 38ºc, regardless of vaccination status;
– Implementation of the sentinel testing system for symptomatic people in sensitive areas, and for asymptomatic people in the community in general, testing 2% of the population;
– Creation of the VeSentinel-RAM (Internal) platform for monitoring COVID-19 in RAM;
– The other units in the health, social and other sectors are recommended to reinforce contingency plans and implement an adequate surveillance system, with regular sampling testing;
GENERAL MEASURES IN THE COMMUNITY
End of access conditioned to the presentation of a weekly rapid antigen test, and the vaccination/recovery certificate is now required. The recommendation of wearing a mask, in open and closed spaces, the distance of 1.5 m and frequent hygiene of hands and surfaces is maintained.
– Compliance with the following measures in all closed and open spaces (whenever we are not drinking or eating): wearing a mask; hand disinfection/hygiene; physical distance of 1.5m;
– Access to restaurants, bars, clubs, gyms, sports, and other cultural, social and similar activities upon presentation of the complete vaccination certificate (with 3 doses of the vaccine), after 14 days of evolution of the booster dose;
– Recovery certificate up to 180 days
– Rapid antigen test, with weekly validity, supported by the unvaccinated citizen or with incomplete vaccination;
– In essential activities such as: public services, supermarkets, public transport; pharmacies, markets, places of worship and health services , no tests or vaccination/recovered certificates are required;
– Citizens residing outside the European Union : Use of a sanitary pass for all citizens who come from countries outside the European Community, for access to all activities, during their stay in RAM;
– Citizens residing in the European Union, use of the digital certificate to access all activities, during their stay in RAM;
COMMUNICATION OF SURVEILLANCE RESULTS
– Newsletters on the epidemiological situation of COVID-19 are now published monthly, through the Sentinela Surveillance bulletin (VeSentinel-RAM).
– Hospitalization Bulletin with the number of hospital admissions, admissions to COVID-19 Units and COVID-19 Intensive Care Units, issued daily by SESARAM, EPERAM.
The Regional Government asks citizens to use the S-Alerta Cidadão application ( https://s-alerta.pt/CIDADAO/ ) for self-management of care and communication of symptoms.